I met this child a few days ago. He came up behind me, suddenly grabbing my arm while yelling something I could not make out. Naturally, I was scared. I jumped and tried to free myself. Luckily, his father was behind him. He yanked him away from me. As his father steered him away, the child kept his head turned towards me, as if calling out for help. I noticed how scared his eyes looked. He was unsure of the world. Unsure of who he was. He was six years old and he has had epilepsy all his life.
Later, I took some pictures of him, and during the whole time he kept saying just one word: roti, roti (food)…
- The Epileptic Life (maggiemendus.wordpress.com)
- It’s a Seizure, But Is It Epilepsy? (livingepilepsy.wordpress.com)
Its an honor to be nominated for the Sunshine Award. Thank you Literatii for considering my blog for this award. Now, passing on the nominations, here are the rules:
Sunshine Award Rules:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
1. Favorite color? Black
2. Favorite animal? I don’t like animals.
3. Favorite number? why would anyone have a favorite number?
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? hmm coffee, tea, coke, apple juice..
5. Prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook, hands down!
6. My passion? photography, writing..
7. Prefer getting or giving presents? Both
8. Favorite pattern? What kinda question is that?!
9. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
10. Favorite flower? Red Rose
Who does’nt want to be one’s own boss? Waking up when the ‘sun don’t shine’, driving a Bentley, being a playa in short. But let’s face it guys, inspite of all our illusions of self-grandeur ala Bruce Banner, most of us-sans the mythical few with the proverbial silver spoon and the fingers in the pie *ooh pie..yummyy*-we are the Peter Parkers of superheroes, minus the cool costume and spidey senses…and the hot girl. The only thing we share with Spiderman are ‘pain-in-the-neck’ (hehe what did YOU think I was going to say?! aaah gotcha! This is a family friendly site, we don’t use that word here people…mostly) bosses.
But we don’t mind showing it… so long as it’s dressed for polite company.
So, without further ado, here are the top 4 worst superiors who make Micheal Scott from ‘The Office’ look like Santa..high..Think the fellas in ‘Horrible Bosses’ had it rough? Wait till you get to spend…
View original post 1,310 more words